COME JOIN THE FUN… Bring your dog out to the new Arlington Humane Society Dog Park and let him/her romp, run and play with friends on 5 well maintained and secure acres. There are separate areas for large dogs and small dogs as well as an AKC regulation agility course.
The Dog Park is located on South Cooper Street in Arlington. The Kennel training staff supervises the Dog Park and any problem should be brought to their immediate attention so that corrective action can be taken. The Park is open to “members only” during daylight hours, 7 days per week.
So, come join the fun at the new Arlington Humane Society Dog Park where you and your dog can be safe and secure.
Our first concern is the safety of owners and their dogs. For this reason Pit Bulldogs, American Bulldogs, Staffordshire Terriers, and mixes of these breeds or any other aggressive dogs are not allowed. There have been many owners and dogs seriously injured and even killed at dog parks across the country. Since this Park is operated and maintained by the Arlington Humane Society, a private non-profit organization, not a municipal government, we can and do have rules and regulations pertaining to safety, health and breed restrictions that city parks cannot impose.All dogs must have current vaccinations and be on a monthly heart-worm preventive. Dogs over 6 months of age must be spayed / neutered. Prior to joining, your dog will be temperament tested to insure that he/she can socialize and play with other dogs. Should your dog need some help with socialization and control, obedience classes are available through the Arlington Humane Society.To become a member of the Dog Park, call the Arlington Humane Society to schedule a Temperament Test for your dog.
We want everyone to have fun in a safe, secure environment. This Park is for members only and is not open to the general public. Arlington Humane Society obedience training graduates, Country Acres Kennels training graduates, Daycare dogs and group Playtime dogs are automatic Dog Park members. Donations to the Arlington Humane Society for maintenance are greatly appreciated. Disorderly conduct will not be permitted. Any problem should be immediately reported to the adjacent office in Country Acres Kennels. Please be considerate of your fellow park members at all times. The Park is open during daylight hours 7 days per week.
Please adhere to the following rules when using the Park:
- Only Dog Park members are permitted in the Park. Members may bring a human guest, but not their dog.
- Members must wear their identification badge where it is visible anytime they are in the Park.
- Members may have no more than two (2) dogs in the Park at any one time.
- Members may only bring their own personal dogs; no dogs belonging to non-members are permitted.
- Members should be in control of their dogs at all times. Dogs acting up or being aggressive should be immediately leashed until they settle down.
- New members should keep their dogs on a leash until they are comfortable with their new surroundings.
- Pit Bulls, American Bulldogs, Staffordshire Terriers, or mixes of these breeds are not allowed.
- All dogs must be spayed / neutered.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed. Food and non-Alcoholic drinks are permitted (no glass).
- Please place all trash in the trash cans.
- Pick-up all dog poop and put in receptacles